October 5th, 2000, a little show called Gilmore Girls premiered. And since then, it’s been a staple in the homes of millions of people around the world. It’s been a show that allows people to escape reality, it brings mothers and daughters together, and just makes people feel good.
I wish I could remember how I found this show. I also wish I could remember the exact date I found it. Heck, I’d even settle for the year. But what I do remember, is how it made me feel. I remember the happiness it brings me every time I hear the theme song in the background. I remember the sense of calm I feel every time I start a binge. I remember the safety I feel when I allow myself to enter the magical world of Stars Hollow. I remember the pure joy of watching the Life & Death Brigade and their crazy antics. I just remember this show and the memories I’ve made since I discovered it.
I decided to challenge myself, and pick my Top Twenty Episodes, which was harder than I thought. The list below is in no particular order, expect number one, because that, was the easiest choice.
- You Jump, I Jump, Jack (5.7)
- The Pilot (1.1)
- The Lorelai’s First Day at Chilton (1.2)
- The Lorelai’s First Day at Yale (4.2)
- The Bracebridge Dinner (2.10)
- Partings (6.22)
- The Great Stink (7.5)
- The Road Trip to Harvard (2.4)
- The Big One (3.16)
- The Deer Hunters (1.4)
- A Tale of Poes and Fire (3.17)
- The Breakup, Part 2 (1.17)
- I’d Rather be in Philadelphia (7.13)
- Run Away, Little Boy (2.9)
- Like Mother, Like Daughter (2.7)
- Wedding Bell Blues (5.13)
- The UnGraduate (6.3)
- Jews and Chinese Food (5.15)
- A Vineyard Valentine (5.15)
- Hay Bale Maze (7.18)
And just because…FALL from a Year in the Life!
So here’s to more Gilmore Girls in our lives. From binges, to reading, to the memories. Let me know in the comments your favorite Gilmore Girls episode, your favorite boyfriend (Team Logan FTW) and what the show means to you. I would love to read how this show has impacted your life!
Until next time!