Christmas is Sunday. Yes, this Sunday. If you’re anything like me, you probably wait until the last minute to make sure you have everything you need. So if you’re struggling, here are some tips to help you manage the holidays, even with your anxiety.
- Plan Ahead
- From gift buying to food, and everything in between, it helps your anxiety to plan ahead. Plan to take 15 minutes every night to wrap the gifts you bought, and write down what you’re eating during the holidays. If you’re like me and changing your lifestyle, plan to enjoy the holidays by preplanning for three days after. If you have everything written down, you’ll feel much better about how prepared you are for the holiday season.
- Take Time& Celebrate Your Way
- Life can get away from us when we’re always on the go. And since the holiday season is so hectic, we forget to do our favorite things. So every night, after you plan, do your favorite traditions. Watch your favorite movies, jam out to your favorite songs, and drink your favorite holiday drink. Stop thinking about work and life, and just celebrate.
- Treat Yo Self
- If you’re anything like me, you sometimes get scared to ask for certain gifts, because you think they’re too expensive for your loved ones. So if you’re too nervous to ask, buy it yourself. Don’t let the holidays pass without truly being happy. And if that hoodie or that electronic will help with your happiness, then #treatyoself. There is nothing wrong with buying your own Christmas gifts.
- Live In The Moment& Smile
- This holiday season, live in the present. Forget about what happened earlier in the day, and don’t even focus on the future, just take a deep breath, smile and enjoy the present. Make some cookies, wrap a gift, and put on your favorite movie. No matter what has happened, enjoy your time with your loved ones, or yourself and make the most of this holiday season.
I hope these tips were helpful. I am trying to take my own advice and follow these tips for the next few days. Let me know in the comments if there is something specific you do during the holidays that helps with your anxiety!
Until next time!