Happy Saturday! In today’s #SelfLoveSaturday post, I am going to give you 5 tips to help love yourself now.
Currently, I am in the middle of my lifelong weight loss journey. Since I’ve struggled before with this journey, and since I’ve let my anxiety take control in the past, it was hard for me to believe it’s actually working. So to help convince myself, I did these 5 steps& my entire outlook has changed.
So if you’re looking to Love Yourself Now, try these steps out!
- Take Pictures
- I used to HATE taking full length photos of myself. All I saw was the fat in me& it made me really unhappy. So I made sure to take my BEFORE photos on the day I began my journey. Now, I take a photo everyday. And it’s been a blessing in disguise. Now I find something new about myself everyday. It’s also been a big help when I’m having a bad week and binge eating. It’s a constant reminder that no matter how slow my journey is, it’s working, and that’s all that matters.
- Drink Water
- And do so in a super cute water bottle. Water is very important for everyone. When I drink my H2O, I just feel better. So put down the soda, coffee or wine for the day, and just drink water. If you’re struggling, buy a cute bottle to drink out of. You’ll feel better if you’re drinking out of something cute.
- Do Transformation Photos
- If you’re in a slump, compare an old picture and a recent one. Even though you may not see a change when you look in a mirror, putting two photos together is the perfect way to notice a change. No matter how big or small that change is, it’s a change, and that’s something to be proud of.
- Journal Daily
- One thing I started doing this time around on my journey, is journaling everyday. Each day, I write something I did that day that I am proud of. It could be something as simple as getting out of bed when I didn’t want to, or something as big as not eating something “bad” for me. It could be relevant to any part of your life, not even dealing with weight loss or fitness. It can be anything you’re proud of! And you should be proud of yourself everyday. So make sure you let yourself know that you are.
- Throw Away Clothes that are Too Big
- This is something I just did this week. I went through my closet and drawers, and put everything into bags that were too big for me right now. If you get rid of things that are too big, it’s showing yourself that you’re past that part of your life. Leaving the past behind is a great way to accept this new start.Plus, who knows, maybe you’ll find something that fits that you never thought would fit again! Also, if you donate your old clothes, you’re not only doing something good for yourself, but you’re helping someone else out too!
Always remember to love yourself first and to believe in you. It may take some time, but you’ll learn to love yourself. I’m still struggling with my self love, but I’m closer today, than I was yesterday.
Until next time!